Your dentist or dental hygienist may recommend the use of home and/or professional fluoride treatments for the following reasons:
- ›Exposed and sensitive root surfaces.
- ›Fair to poor oral hygiene habits.
- ›Frequent sugar and carbohydrate intake.
- ›Inadequate exposure to fluorides.
- ›Inadequate saliva flow due to medical conditions, medical treatments or medications.
- ›Recent history of dental decay.
Depending on the circumstances and the diagnosis, we might use fluoride varnish which would be painted on your teeth or we might use fluoride foam which will be applied to your teeth with the aid of trays.